ASSOCIAÇÃO CASA DO PAI (ACP) = Home of the Father Association (free translation):
• Was founded on October 13, 1994 in Curitiba by a group of citizens who had already been volunteers in other children dedicated institutions, who wanted to practice solidarity, and were conscious of their important role in the improvement of the Brazilian society;
• Is an NGO with a philanthropic purpose, registered at the required councils on city, state and country levels;
• Maintains, currently, two "home-houses" (casas lares) structured to accommodate with comfort 10 children each. (A "home-house" is a temporary unit - a 'passage home', where the children are sheltered while their situation is solved and they are returned home or adopted);
• Assists 20 children from 2 to 6 years old in a continuous base (24 x 7);
• Is run by a chief executive board elected every four years and supervised by an auditing board;
• Is structured in different areas (finance, resource management, marketing, education, and health) that are administered by the executive board together with the technical team composed of social workers, administrative assistant, educators, babysitters, and human resource coordinator.
"To provide means for children at risk to become conscious, active citizens."
Associaçao Casa do Pai works on:
• The constant training and monitoring of all people directly involved in children care;
• The improving the physical and emotional health of the children;
• The assurance that all children achieve improvements in school performance;
• The assessment and treatment of learning difficulties;
• The maintenance of recreational and extracurricular activities for all children;
Associação Casa do Pai believes that.
• Each child is a unique human being who needs to be respected as such.
• Tenderness and care are the bases for good upbringing.
• All human beings have talents and potentials that need to be discovered and developed.
• Childhood is the time to play, learn, and construct values that will stay for one's lifetime
• The children come from different kinds of risky situations, such as abandonment, neglect, domestic violence, abuse, or loss of parents;
• Adjudicators from the Child and Youth Protection Council visit their homes, report on the children's conditions, and are in charge of separating the child from its family. They are also responsible for working on either their return home or forwarding them to foster care;
• Depending on the family's conditions, the Adjudicators fulfill an intense work with the family members, seeking to create conditions for their child to return home;
• Unfortunately, it has been very common for most of the sheltered children not to return to their original families, so Casa do Pai works along with government agencies in order to help find them foster homes;
• Besides, for those who, for any reason, do not return home or find a foster home, Casa do Pai shelters and supports them until they are able to act as adult citizens;
Casa do Pai maintains two houses accommodating 10 children each in a continuous base (24 x 7).
It works on creating in each home an environment as closer as a family as possible; The children under its care, as any other children living in an ordinary family:
• Supporting members who contribute on a monthly base;
• Income Tax donations through the project "Criança não quer esmola, quer futuro do Fundo Municipal da Criança e do Adolescente (http://criancaquerfuturo.curitiba.pr.gov.br/) (city level);
• Funding through agreements signed with the Foundation for Social Assistance – FAS (State level) and COMTIBA (city level);
• Donations from events and campaigns;
• Donations of construction material for the maintenance of the houses;
• Donations of scholarships and sport and arts related courses.